Friday, October 14, 2011

the journal and back to work

So I have been trying to journal and have been keeping up with writing things down.  I figured it would be a way to get me to be more consistant on writing a blog.  Well what it has done is made me a like writing on paper.  I am enjoying using a fountain pen and feeling the way it moves on paper.  Now my brother stated that one the perfect pen is the 10 cent bike disposable pen, and for my job he is right.  You do not want to give a fountain pen to a drunk or to a drug addict to sign a release form.  You really do not want to handle a nice pen with bloody gloves and lastly fountain pens really do not write on the gloves we wear.
     The last few weeks we have been laid up with a bruised spine.  I feel coming out of the back of the squad during a code.  I did a Charley Brown my feet went above my head and my back struck the steel edge of the squad bed.  Talk about pain.  It was pretty much instant and persistent over the next couple of months.  I know I am getting older because I just could not shake this one off.  Physical therapy and a epidural shot and well I am back to work on shift after two months of light duty which is all office work.  Its good to be back on shift, it gives Nej time on her own without me so that she can decompress.  I get to drive firetrucks and go into fires.  Life is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment