Monday, March 5, 2012

its a yoga morning.

swell for the last several months, Nej and I have been taking yoga classes at Sound Method Yoga in Omaha.  Its a really nice studio with outstanding people.  For me, its all about the back, since I started feebly doing yoga my back has stopped hurting, I feel better and I am noticeably more flexible.   Now I am not into the whole religious aspect or the artsy fartsy feel you body slough away yoga, but the here lets bend you in new and totally bizarre ways that will appear to be amazingly painful.  All in all though, its kind of addictive.  I had a new instructor today, it was the first morning class at the new studio and it was very small, there was the instructor Suzanne, myself the feeble newbie, and David an instructor at a different studio.. not to make yoga intimidating but come on.  Thankfully both instructors were every helpful and encouraging but still its intimidating to say the least.
So here I sit in Starbucks drinking a giant massively caffeinated coffee getting ready to study for the Fire Apparatus Engineer exam that I have in the morning.  Basically, its a test to see if I can be promoted to drive the pumps and ladder trucks full time.  They give the test every two years and build an eligibility list off of those that pass both the written and the practicals... now I have been on that list for the last two years being bounced around the city from one rig to the next and no one was promoted from the last list.  I have not decided what I am going to do on this one.  Today is my day to study, 2 years ago I put in about 3 months of studying, this time I am putting in 1 day.  To say I am discouraged is an understatement.  I am ready to have a home.  So if I do well, great I will spend another two years bouncing around the city, never seeing the station I bid into, if I do poorly or rank poorly, well I will call it good and take my name off the list and finally go home.  As you can tell, I am writing instead of studying.. so far so good way to procrastinate.
Anyway, I am off to read the very dry, very boring, very job specific in theory but virtually inapplicable to the real world of a fire ground standard operating procedures.  Now you know why I have a huge mocha in front of me.
Off to the land of brain damaged.

Hasta La Bye Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment