Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brain droppings

Some thoughts have been running around in my head.  I feel the need to get them out, I remember being younger and having fun until the wee hours.  Now that I am older, I just don't see any reason to be out past 11pm.  I don't drink nearly as much as I used to but I enjoy drinking more then ever before.  So the combination of the two makes me an middle aged fuddy duddy?  I still feel young, but my body sometimes disagrees with that.  So to combat that I have followed my wife's lead.  Working out at Lifetime Fitness in Omaha.  I tend to hit the ellipticals for 30 to 40 minutes with the resistance turned up, do some moderate lifting, and then off to the pool for a swim where I discover just how out of shape I am.  To date I am 20 lbs down.  I will take that.  I feel better, sleep better and will be in better shape for hunting season this fall.  Its all win.
Hunting is about to start back up with turkey season coming soon.  This year I registered our niece Lauren for a youth turkey hunt at Desoto Bend.  Its a drawing that I hope she wins.  She has been hounding Nej and I to take her for some time now.  The down side is location location location.  I really do not have a good turkey hunting spot near us so its either Desoto Bend or a long hall out to North Platte which is 4 hours one way.  Not sure I am really ready for that.  I think she would do fine but thats a long way if things go bad.  Either way this spring Lauren will get her turkey,... I hope.
Nej is running in the mornings, pretty much every day.  I am immensely proud of her.  I just worry.  I know she is being safe but damn I still worry.  Its a husbands right.  Lots of options out there and we are looking into them seriously.  More to come.
Next month we are going to St Lious to visit month to do a 5 mile run.  I do know that running hurts me.  Ahh well its family I really enjoy spending time with.  Nej has to have the coolest aunt and uncle.  Much more to come on this portion of the family.  Heck even starting to write about them makes me grin.  I am so looking forward to this despite having to run.  Love ya Nej.
Yeah yeah I am rambling I know.  This blogging stuff is not as easy as Nej makes it look.  She can turn a phrase and make it interesting.  Ahh well, we shall see how this turns out.

Till later

1 comment:

  1. 20 lbs??? I hate you! (giggle)

    If running hurts, then don't do it!! Silly!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete